Just something that's been on my mind since I came home from tutor.. Our society now, this "teenage" society, the one with drinking and partying and having sex in like fucking Junior High. And divorce rates. Divorce rates getting higher.. More than half the Australian population is divorced.. And that scares me so much.

What's going to happen to society in 20 years? Our kids seem to be getting worse and worse. Doesn't anyone remember when people used to have arranged marriages and people wore corsets and had six different layers to their dressage and they had bloody servants and ladies were expected to act like ladies? I don't mean to say that I act like a lady - far from it. But still, aside from the usual crazy way I act around my friends I wouldn't.. I wouldn't have sex at the age of thirteen or go out and come back at like 2AM in the morning on a frequent basis. I don't know. There's something so, so immoral in things like that and I don't know what the hell is going to happen to governments and police departments and institutions when OUR Generation - my generation - is going to be taking over.

What are we going to tell our children? What are we going to say that follows after "back in my day"? What do we tell them.. That we had everything we wanted, when we no longer see the real value in anything anymore.

I know it's because I'm still stuck at this age, and everyone around me seems to be only concerned about having fun, and that's okay, and we're going to grow up one day and have our own children and put those kinds of things aside and be awesome parents, well, I hope so anyway.

I just hope that when we grow up we learn from our mistakes, that we're going "forward" instead of "backward". That racial intolerance is lessened and diseases and obesity is lessened and technology is meant to enhance the mind, not dumb it down. I pray and I ask Him to please just let those around me (and I, of course) be happy with our lives. I let my friends know how much they do mean to me, I let myself know how I have lived my life, how I've changed through photos and blogposts and memories and I make myself happy by making those around me happy.

So that they'll have good memories of me, and want to keep photographs of me and possibly mention me in their blogposts but idk I doubt this last one so yeah.

Just a thought.. wondering which direction we're heading in, and if our compass manufacturer has possibly given us a broken one.

I think, I remember, I wish, I hope, I pray...

0 lovents